10 Reasons to Shop Local
10. When you shop a locally-owned business, more money is kept within the community. Local businesses often purchase goods and services from other local businesses. On average, a $100 purchase made in a locally-owned retail location means $68 kept in our community.
9. Our local businesses support local schools and non-profit organizations. Often, it’s local businesses who make donations to school and community events and partner with non-profit organizations on various fundraising and awareness campaigns throughout the year.
8. Great customer service. Our local businesses want your business and provide great customer service, before, during, and after the sale. Give them a chance to “wow” you with what they are able to do!
7. You’ll find unique gift items. Many of our locally-owned businesses have exclusive product lines that will help you gift one-of-a-kind items.
6. In today’s society, so much of our interactions are done virtually. Shopping in locally-owned businesses allows for one-on-one interactions, allowing you to create personal relationships with business owners, who are investing in this community we all call “home.”
5. When you shop a locally-owned business, you are helping that business owner create jobs. Small business owners are the largest group of employers nationally. They are the backbone of our economy.
4. It is an investment in our community. Not only does it help the local business owner and the local tax base, but supporting local businesses also allows those businesses to remain in our community. Your support helps them keep their doors open and customers coming in.
3. A marketplace with dozens of small businesses is the best environment to ensure innovation and fair prices over the long-term.
2. It saves you money. By shopping in our local retailers, you are saving money on gas, wear-and-tear on your vehicle, and precious time driving outside of the community. Shopping locally gives you more time to enjoy a latte with a friend at a local coffee shop!
1. It’s fun! Keeping your money local means your community thrives. And that’s sure to put a smile on everyone’s face!