You are invited to join a new event called “100 Miles of Christmas on Route 66 through Oklahoma’s Midpoint Corridor. Eleven cities along Route 66 are lighting up their community from mid-Nov through Dec 29 with different themes to encourage visitors to pack up their holiday spirit and travel Route 66. Edmond’s theme is “Miracle on 2nd Street” to feature our 13.4 miles of Route 66 with multiple events, activities and light displays. A city-wide committee of businesses and citizens are preparing for the 100th Anniversary of Route 66 in 2026. Please bring your family and friends to participate by shopping, dining and playing in Edmond.
Here are some events you can look forward to throughout the holiday season:
- Edmond Ice Rink opens on Nov. 4
- Deck the Downtown on Nov. 14
- Luminance Kickoff and Merry Marketplace on Nov. 17
- Edmond Turkey Trot on Nov. 23
- Small Business Saturday on Nov. 25
- UCO Winterglow on Dec. 1
- Edmond History Museum Holiday Stroll on Dec. 2
- Ugly Sweater Run on Dec. 2
- Merry Marketplace on Dec. 8.
- Cops & Claus on Dec. 16
- Merry Mitchmas on Dec. 16
EYP will be getting together on Friday, Dec. 8th at Luminance Merry Marketplace at 5 p.m. As a group, we will walk through more than 30 light displays and browse the Marketplace vendors. We will wrap up at the Edmond Ice Rink for some ice skating and hot chocolate!