Get Involved with EYP
Edmond Young Professionals is presented by:
Thank you to our membership sponsor:
Want to get more involved with Edmond Young Professionals?
Check out the events EYP offers and choose which one interests you most. Contact us to get more information about getting involved.
EYP seeks to provide unique and exciting networking opportunities for young professionals in the Edmond area. There are four networking events throughout the year, which allows members to connect with other members at various businesses business in the community.
Edmond Young Professionals has a group that meets monthly for informal “get-to-know-you” lunches at local restaurants. Lunch Bunch meets on the third Tuesday of each month at various locations and members and guests are welcome to attend. For more information, contact us.
EYP seeks to create unique learning opportunities intended to foster growth personally and professionally. Educational Luncheons are hosted two times a year and guests have the opportunity to hear from a featured panel of speakers on a specific relevant topic to young professionals. Previous luncheon topics includes:
- Planning for the Unplanned: Being Prepared for Life's Unexpected Events (financially and legally)
- Coming Soon to Edmond: An Economic Development Overview
- Weeding Through the Facts: CBD and Medical Marijuana
Leadership Latte allows EYP members to connect with a prominent leader in the Edmond community. Every other month, EYP hosts this event to allow a featured speaker to tell their story to a small group of EYP's in an informal setting. Past speakers included:
- J.D. Younger, Edmond Police Chief
- Major Ed Pulido, Folds of Honor
- Brandon Tatum, Oklahoma Christian Academy President
- Adam Pugh, State Senator
- Mo Anderson, Keller Williams
Community Service Opportunities
As a young professional group, EYP is dedicated to keeping members engaged in the community. The volunteer opportunities offered change annually depending on the community's needs. EYP typically hosts 3-4 community service events per year in addition to offering non-EYP hosted volunteer opportunities for members. Events in the past include:
- Hosting and staffing the Children's Area at the Edmond Arts Festival
- Hosting "Pups, Yups & Food Trucks", an event supporting dog adoptions
- Assisting children with special needs at Miracle League
- Cooking for the Ronald McDonald House
- Raising over $500 in gift cards to donate to the HOPE Center
- Assisting Will Rogers Elementary in their spring school fundraiser
- Assisting Ida Freeman Elementary with donations to their food pantry