The Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce and the Edmond Economic Development Authority (EEDA) have created a joint task force to support and coordinate the approach to reopening the Edmond economy. The purpose of this task force is to ensure greater collaboration between the business community, government and education stakeholders.
If you need specific guidance on city regulations, please contact the City of Edmond at (405) 348-8830.
This page was last updated on June 16.
City of Edmond
Additionally, the City of Edmond will begin reopening some city-owned facilities as part of Phase I of the OURS Plan. Other city-owned facilities will open to the public later during Phase II and Phase III.
City-owned facilities specifically reopening on May 1 with applicable social distancing include sports courts, basketball courts, golf course, tennis center, dog park, and disc golf courses. Additional City-owned or operated sports fields, fitness courts, and playgrounds may potentially reopen on May 15, 2020. City Offices will remain closed to the public until further notice.
As a reminder, all Edmond citizens are encouraged to take extra measures to put a physical distance of six feet between yourself and other people and to consider wearing a cloth facial covering when in a public setting as recommended by the CDC to further reduce your risk to being exposed to this new virus. The City of Edmond will continue to follow the guidance of the Oklahoma City-County Health Department, the Oklahoma State Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control. Read the full press release.
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma will begin implementing a three-phased approach to open Oklahoma’s economy back up starting April 24, 2020. This statewide plan is:
- Based on scientific modeling from public health experts
- Intended to mitigate risk of resurgence
- Intended to protect Oklahoma’s most vulnerable citizens from the threat of COVID-19
- Intended for businesses and individuals to utilize in conjunction with guidance from the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, the Oklahoma State Health Department, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Oklahoma’s Open Up Recover Safely Plan can be found here: Open Up Recover Safely Plan
Specific businesses and organizations are advised to follow the guidance below for social distancing and sanitation:
President Trump has unveiled Guidelines for Opening Up America Again, a three-phased approach based on advice from public health experts. These steps will help sate and local officials when reopening their economies, getting people back to work, and continuing to protect American lives. The Opening Up America Guidelines can be found here: Guidelines for Opening Up America Again
- Guide to the Main Street Lending Program (U.S. Chamber)
- Corona Small Business Hub (U.S. Chamber)
- Oklahoma Department of Health
- Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness (U.S. Chamber, Updated 6/16/20)
Our members are ready to help.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- JAN-PRO of OKC
- Edmond Wine Shop - Selling alcohol-based hand sanitizers in 4oz spray bottles and 14oz gel pump bottles
These are available for curbside pickup or delivery meeting a minimum amount.
- Skyline IT Management - Free resources available
- McAlister Law - government program expertise including Department of Treasury’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Department of Labor’s guidance for businesses on reopening
- Tucker Law Firm - Family law assistance
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- The Morrison Group - 3-ply surgeon masks
- Petra - Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, face shields and more.
Printing and Signage
- Signarama of Edmond
- Oklahoma State Department of Health - social distancing and sanitation guidelines for businesses
Small Business Consulting
- Premier Integration Plus - James Bygland
- Office Depot - Protective Counter Shields - (405) 348-2098
To to be added to this list, email the COVID-19 recovery resources your business is offering to [email protected]. Your business must be an Edmond Chamber member to be included.