Mike OsburnState Representative
Mike Osburn graduated magna cum laude from Oklahoma Christian University in 1990 with BA in history/political science and from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1993 having received the Professional Responsibility Award for the graduating law student most exemplifying professional responsibility and ethics.
He began his career with Oklahoma governor Frank Keating, first as campaign manager in 1994 and then as deputy chief of staff in 1995, where he managed the staff and served as a political and policy advisor.
Mike joined the Oklahoma Republican Party staff as the political director in 1996 where he oversaw and directed the political operation including over 50 State House and Senate races.
He became assistant to the president at Oklahoma Christian University in 1996. He served as the president's chief of staff and oversaw and directed the development, public relations, and alumni relations departments for the university. He changed roles at the university in 1999, becoming the executive director of Enterprise Square USA.
In 2006, he formed PoliGRAM, LLC, a consulting firm specializing in association and event management.
Mike was first elected to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2016 and is currently in his 3rd term as State Representative. He represents House District 81 which encompasses Central Edmond and includes Oklahoma Christian University, UCO, downtown Edmond and Memorial High School.
He lives in Edmond with his wife, Dr. Holly Osburn, Professor of Management at the University of Central Oklahoma, and their 3 children, Cole (17), Bodie (14) and Gentry (12).
- If you were to pick one song to describe you as a person, what song would you choose? Roll with the Changes – REO Speedwagon
- What famous celebrity would you play your character in your life’s movie? Jim Gaffigan but in Ed Harris’ body
- Share one interesting fact with the public that they may not know about you? I once accidentally shaved my right eyebrow off when I was getting ready for my sister’s wedding.
- What is your “signature dance move?” My kids call it the “finger-gun-booty-wiggle.” I call it “The Ozzy.”
- What are you most look forward to about the Edmond’s Dancing with the Stars event and supporting the Edmond Chamber of Commerce? I’m most looking forward to showing that I am more than just a pretty face, but that I have talents outside my rugged good looks… oh and also to support the Edmond Chamber.
Nicole Miller/Tyler Powell
MCSPADDEN | MILNER | ROBINSON
- Arvest Bank
- Dillon House
- Edmond Electric
- First United Bank
- Francis Tuttle
- Great Plains Bank
- Neptune Society
- Prestige Enterprises
- Stonecreek Assisted Living
- Tinker Federal Credit Union