Recap - February Networking – Family and Friends Bowling Night
Edmond Young Professionals is presented by:
Yesterday, EYP’s and their families and friends met at AMF Boulevard Lanes for a night of bowling, pizza and fun! Starting at 5pm, guests enjoyed free pizza and soft drinks while mingling in a designated area of the bowling alley.
At around 5:30 p.m., Chair-Elect Sammy Flores welcomed everyone and then guests broke out into bowling lanes for some friendly competition. We loved seeing new faces and meeting our members’ families and children. It was a great way to kick off the first networking event of 2017!
54 EYP members and guests were in attendance, and the overall event costs tallied in at $934.08. Generous sponsors and hosts make these events possible for our members to attend for free, in comparison to a per person cost of $17.30. We want to thank EYP’s Presenting Sponsor, Mo Anderson and Cindy Cook at Keller Williams Realty, and AMF Boulevard Lanes for hosting EYP at their venue and providing complimentary bowling and shoe rental to our guests.
Steering Committee Members in Attendance:
- Wes Becknell
- Matthew Boydstun
- Ann Chen
- Karla Docter
- Sammy Flores
- Austin Fugitt
- Katie Knotts
- Julie Smith
- Jordan Spencer
- Children’s Tent Donation Drive – EYP will host and coordinate the Children’s Tent at the Edmond Arts Festival this year and are in need of donations to purchase craft supplies for the kids to provide them with free activities. If you are interested in donating to the cause, stop by or call the Chamber at 405.216.2011. Every dollar helps! The Chamber will match the funds raised dollar-for-dollar.
- Volunteer Opportunity – Thursday, March 2nd is Read Across America Day from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Ida Freeman Elementary. You can volunteer 30 minutes of your time to read a Dr. Seuss book to a class. For more information or to sign up for a shift, click here.
- Lunch Bunch is Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 11:30 a.m. at Zarate’s Latin Mexican Grill. Please let Autumn Everett know if you plan to attend.
- Leadership Latte is Thursday, March 9 from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. at Quirk & Beans Coffee Bar. The speaker will be Nick Massey, President of Massey Financial Services. Read his bio here.
Want more bowling? Check out other great specials going on at Boulevard Lanes!
- Unlimited bowling every Friday after 10 p.m. for only $10.89 (shoes not included)
- Unlimited bowling every Monday after 8 p.m. for only $12.09 (shoes included)
- $2 Tuesdays – Shoes, pizza slices and PBR beers just $2 each every Tuesday after 8 p.m.
Be sure to sign up for EYP emails to stay informed on more upcoming EYP events.