Job Opportunity - Marketing & Events Intern with the Edmond Chamber
Edmond Young Professionals is presented by:
The Chamber is seeking a highly-motivated individual who is smart, organized, and well-spoken to join our Chamber as the Marketing & Events Intern. As the Marketing & Events Intern, you will gain valuable, on-the-job experience with a well-known Chamber of Commerce. This position provides a student with an opportunity to gain hands-on and well-rounded organization experience in nonprofit and Chamber operations. This position will assist the President and Chamber staff in completing tasks set forth to accomplish annual goals for Chamber programs.
- Paid internship ($8/hr)
- 15-30 hours per week
- Reports to the Director of Operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop relationships with members through attendance at events and assistance with event registration. Make calls to members to promote attendance at events.
- Assist Communication Coordinator by scheduling e-newsletters, creating promotional items for events, and scheduling social media posts.
- Become familiar with the Edmond Young Professional program and write blog posts and other promotional material as needed.
- Attend ribbon cuttings with Ambassadors and write follow up press releases to send to local media.
- Assist Director of Events with phone calls promoting upcoming events, creating décor and any day-of assistance requested.
- Provide research and promotional assistance for Restaurant Week and Retail Week.
- Develop strategic suggestions to improve communications (i.e. Chamber programs, advertising, publications, website, etc.)
- Maintain Chamber media portfolio by monitoring newspaper and documenting Chamber coverage.
- Responsible for greeting all visitors in the building and providing requested information.
- Primarily responsible for answering phones, assisting callers and routing appropriately.
- Maintain lobby area and literature display. Restock as needed. Inventory all literature and phone books and order as needed.
- Print mailing labels and nametags as requested by staff.
- Provide relocation packets to public as requested.
- Have refreshments in place, tables set up and clean for all committee meetings 15 minutes in advance. Remove when meeting concludes.
- Assistance with chamber events and daily staff operations as needed.
An internship at the Edmond Chamber will offer you the opportunity for both personal and professional growth and development. No two experiences are alike and the skills you acquire will position you for success within and outside of the Edmond Chamber.
- Gain interpersonal skills through member contact.
- Opportunities to work in a team environment.
- Greater understanding of business through contact with members.
- Exposure to community and economic development issues.
Knowledge of physical Chamber facility and services provided in Edmond is required, as well as an understanding of office procedures. Must have an outgoing personality and ability to get along with people. Should have a strong desire to help staff and volunteers meet Chamber goals.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, and written), research capabilities, and outstanding attention to detail
- Declared major in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Market Research, Advertising or Journalism is preferred.
- Ability to work and maintain productivity with minimal supervision
- High level of professionalism
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to work with volunteers
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
To apply: E-mail cover letter, and resume to the Laura Beth Breaux at [email protected].