Get Involved with EYP
Edmond Young Professionals is presented by:
Want to get more involved with the Edmond Young Professionals?
Check out the events EYP offers and choose which one interests you most. Contact Taylor May to get more information about getting involved.
- Applicants will be paired with a mentor.
- There will be 3 group meetings, all other meetings are between mentee and mentor.
- Program runs through the summer.
- The application is due by June 8th.
EYP seeks to provide unique and exciting networking opportunities for young professionals in the Edmond area. There are four hosted networking events throughout the year, which allows members to connect with other members at various businesses business in the community.
Edmond Young Professionals has a group that meets monthly for informal “get-to-know-you” lunches at local restaurants. Lunch Bunch meets on the third Tuesday of each month at various locations and members and guests are welcome to attend. For more information, email Autumn Everett at [email protected].
EYP seeks to create unique learning opportunities intended to foster growth personally and professionally. Educational Luncheons are hosted two times a year and guests have the opportunity to hear from a featured panel of speakers on a specific relevant topic to young professionals. Previous luncheon topics includes:
- Planning for the Unplanned: Being Prepared for Life's Unexpected Events (financially and legally)
- In the Know with the EEDA: New Development in Edmond
- Public Art in Edmond
- Edmond's Excellent Events: Endeavor Games, Turkey Trot, Heard on Herd, Liberty Fest
- Innovations in Healthcare
Leadership Latte allows EYP members to connect with a prominent leader in the Edmond community. Every other month, EYP hosts this event to allow a featured speaker to tell their story to a small group of EYP's in an informal setting. Past speakers included:
- Beth Kerr, Legal Counsel for UCO
- Ray McQuiston, Distribution Center Manager of VF Jeanswear Corp. (Wrangler)
- Bob Ricks, Chief of Police for the City of Edmond
- Mark Stansberry, Chairman and Founder of GTD Group
- Scott Booker, CEO of Academy of Contemporary Music at UCO
- Jill Castilla, CEO at Citizens Bank of Edmond
Community Service Opportunities
As a young professional group, EYP is dedicated to keeping members engaged in the community. The volunteer opportunities offered change annually depending on the community's needs. EYP typically hosts 3-4 community service events per year in addition to offering non-EYP hosted volunteer opportunities for members. Events in the past include:
- Hosting and staffing the Children's Area at the 2017 Edmond Arts Festival
- Hosting "Pups, Yups & Food Trucks", an event supporting dog adoptions
- Assisting children with special needs at Miracle League
- Cooking for the Ronald McDonald House
- Raising over $500 in gift cards to donate to the HOPE Center
- Assisting Will Rogers Elementary in their spring school fundraiser