Edmond Historical Society and Museum

Posted on 09/29/2016

The Edmond Historical Society & Museum recently held a ribbon cutting to celebrate renovations and remodeling of the Rodkey House Event and Education Annex of the Edmond Historical Society & Museum at 410 South Littler in Edmond.  In attendance were representatives from the donors to the project:  descendants of the Rodkey family, The Kerr Foundation, Inc., and the City of Edmond, along with representatives from the Edmond Historical Society & Museum and the Edmond Historic Preservation Trust.

Built in 1900 by Isaac and Catherine Rodkey, owners of the Rodkey Mill and Rodkey’s Best Flour, the Victorian Painted Lady home was donated to the City of Edmond and moved to this location in 2007.

The Rodkey House will be available for private rentals for parties, receptions, small weddings, and meetings. The museum will host programming there, including the annual Victorian Tea and a new Christmas event, Holiday Hop, which will take place on December 3, 2016 and will feature Christmas activities at the museum, the Rodkey House, and the 1889 Territorial Schoolhouse. The museum will also offer field trips and summer camp for children in 2017.

For more information, call (405) 340-0078 or visit www.edmondhistory.org

Post A Comment
(Will not be published)
 Refresh CAPTCHA Image
Captcha Image
 
Cancel